Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Black and White Days - Photographer in Milton Ontario


Sometimes I prefer my subjects in black and white. There is something about the lack of colour, the higher contrast and the feeling that you get from a black and white image.

I suppose, by far, it is my favorite type of photo. Black and white enables you to remove blemishes without retouching, adds depth and a sense boldness, yet softens the image.

There are many different "styles" of black and white photography, and I like to experiment per the subject to see what works out best, what really brings out the individual in the image.


And, you don't need a super expensive camera to make black and white look good. The above photos were taken with my Canon digital SLR, used in all my photo shoots, however, the below self portrait was taken with my older point and shoot, Kodak Easyshare camera (the door jam coming out of my face, well, that leaves a bit to be desired on composition, but over all, the shot works, especially for a hand held selfie).

Booking natural light, on location portrait sessions for the summer - for more information, please check out the website at: www.chickadoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment